Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Notebooking

That's Bob in there. :)
Once upon a time there was a girl who wrote constantly.
Anything was game when the impulse hit: napkins, restaurant menus, receipts, appendages, other people's appendages... you get the point. Out of this seemingly as necessary as breathing desire to write, an obvious addiction was born - notebooks.
I loved them as much as some women love shoes.
A crisp, new, funky, unique notebook would make me squeal like a 5 year old on Christmas morning.



How I loved them.
There was, however, a problem with my love.
I have this ridiculous OCD thing where if one letter is even in the most minuscule way "wrong" I have to rip out the page and start all over again - regardless of how far I had gotten - that page was officially ruined. So many trees must have died in vain because of my ridiculousness. I tried for a long time to switch to typing but at the time (you know the way back time where everyone only had one family aka shared desktop pc) I didn't have a computer or typewriter available to me when the urge struck and quite frankly typing really didn't feel like my soul flowing through my fingers. Much like one's sword, my pen was an extension of myself; my outlet to emote, to express, to stay introverted. The funny thing is now I would be lost without my laptop... shiny, shiny, laptop.... my PRECIOUS...

*ahem*

Damaged!
But alas, it has been damaged, and must be repaired... I must learn to let go.. but *gasp* I just started writing again! Is everything for naught?
Okay, so maybe it's a little dramatic...
and I really don't want to be sans laptop when Dexter premiers; so I digress.
 For months I've been contemplating buying a few small notebooks to carry with me for when my muse strikes, weighing my desire to save trees with my desire to re-flourish my gift, but for some reason it just didn't happen - that is until the other day. Perhaps inspired by school supply shopping and the notion of new beginnings or maybe a little jealous that I couldn't pick out a Tinkerbell pencil case;  I left the store with two shiny new (recycled and banana papered) notebooks and a fresh pack of the best pens ever.
And so in a few days I'll be packing up my precious and turning back to my old dear... first love - the notebook to blog and write ideas throughout the day then I'll steal H's laptop to post later in the day or in the a.m. to post. You know, when he gets to sleep and I don't. Yeah, sometimes that makes me a little bitter. I never get to sleep. Never. 
But I suppose that is another post for another day.

Notebooked!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin